Information We Collect
To aid your treatment or as part of purchasing something from our business you will normally provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, medical information and payment information. We will store your information in two ways: on an electronic patient record and diary system which is fully password protected and on a paper record which is stored in a secure locked cabinet.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- where it is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health care as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your assessment and treatment, or to provide customer support including appointment reminders;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
From time to time we may wish to send you direct marketing material which may include product offers and newsletters. We would ask for your consent to do this indicating in what forms you would like to receive this information: we collect this information on your initial assessment form.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our patients is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Inter-clinic practitioners. With your consent we will share information with other practitioners operating within White Rose Clinic to allow continuity of care.
- Medical professionals. With your consent we will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care.
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our business, such as external reception services. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we are legally required to.
As we see a high number of patients with a long period of time between appointments, we may keep records for the full duration, this enables comparisons to be made to provide better care. For customers who are not patients but may have bought products from our business we will keep any data you may have provided for a minimum of 6 years in line with tax legislation.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
How to Contact Us
For purposes of the GDPR, I, Jonathan Draper, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at White Rose Clinic, Heworth House, Melrosegate. York. YO31 0RP